Monday, July 27, 2009

Decatur Celebration Ad

I just heard a commercial today, twice already on WSOY-AM, for the Decatur Celebration. This is the most annoying ad I have heard since the Firewater Cafe commercials using the same announcer, Capt. ConQueso, or maybe a wannabe Capt. C, a character who sounds like a cocaine fueled snake oil salesman. The theme song at the end is the only redeeming sliver for the spot.

I have intentionally avoided the cafe mentioned above for no other reason than revulsion at the lack of sensibility of whoever paid for the Capt. ConQueso ads. I can and do appreciate humor, but stupidity masquerading as humor isn't funny, it's just irritating. I hope this Decatur Celebration spot doesn't get heavy airplay and that other spots that are running could replace it. It is an embarrassing blot on the city's image.

No comments: