Thursday, January 29, 2009

His reign has ended


Hello Governor Quinn
"I haven't done anything wrong. I look forward to proving my innocence, clearing my name and that's what's gonna happen."
Blagojevich, speaking after the state Senate's vote to convict him of abuse of power.
Good luck with that, Mr. Blagojevich.

As he drove "down there" to Springfield today, the Governor said this to a NYT reporter doing a feature article, “I come out of the alleys of Chicago politics. That’s a tough place. The politics there is not motivated by idealism or high purpose. It’s nuts and bolts, and you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours. I came up that way.”

This was part of the response from Andy McKenna, the Illinois Republican Party's chairman.
"Change for the people of Illinois will come when elected officials actually impose ethical reform, fiscal reform, create jobs and bring greater transparency and accountability to our government."
My only contention with Mr. McKenna is that I don't want the government creating jobs, I prefer that government make the business conditions favorable for private enterprise to create jobs.

No comments: